- 16 oz. coconut cream concentrate
- 1 cup shredded or flaked coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup carob powder
- 1 tablespoon raw honey (or to taste)
- nuts, seeds, dried fruit such as currants, raisins, to taste (optional)
Soften jar of coconut cream concentrate in warm water if necessary. If you use a food processor, you don’t need to soften it before mixing. Mix all ingredients except nuts, seeds and dried fruit together until well blended in a food processor, electric mixer, or by hand. Fold in remaining ingredients.
Drop mixture in globs on parchment paper and freeze. After it hardens, store in a jar in the refrigerator. Adjust amount of coconut to desired consistency. Add coconut oil if needed.
If you’re not happy with the final flavor after it hardens, just leave out at room temp to soften and add whatever you think it needs.
Recipe submitted by Sandy, Millville, CA