|Chocolate Coconut Cream Balls Recipe|
|photo by recipe author|
Servings: makes 24-30
Preparation Time: 30 minutes/1-2 hours refrigeration
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cashews (toast 1/2 of them for deeper flavor)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Brazil nuts or almonds
- 1/2 cup coconut cream concentrate, softened or melted
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 cups finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia powder
- 12 ounces dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
Combine nuts, coconut cream, honey, almond extract, coconut, and stevia in a bowl. Refrigerate mixture until firm. Form into 3/4-1 inch balls. Set on a parchment-line tray in the refrigerator.
Melt chocolate and coconut oil in a bowl set over boiling water. Dip balls into the chocolate and set on the tray to dry. Store tightly covered in the refrigerator.
Recipe submitted by Charlene, Wareham, MA