- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup sugar or honey
- 3 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup coconut cream concentrate
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups strong black coffee
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- whipped cream, for garnish – optional
- ice cream, of your choice for garnish – optional
In a large saucepan with a wire whisk, stir together cocoa and sweetener. Over medium heat, add 1 cup of milk, the water and coconut cream concentrate. Whisk and bring to a simmer.
Add coffee and remaining milk and whisk until mocha is nice and hot. Add vanilla. Remove from heat and serve with a spoonful of the optional garnishes if desired. Enjoy!!
Note: For a real energy booster, add 3 tablespoons of coconut oil.
Recipe submitted by Sarah, WI