|Gluten Free Marzipan Cake|
Photo by Recipe Author
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/4 cup milk or coconut milk (omit if you want less moisture)
- grated rind of 1 lime – don’t need to get too crazy here
- 1 cup sugar (I used organic white)
- 2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups almond flour (firmly packed)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- few dashes of salt
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
Grease almond cake pan with extra coconut oil or palm shortening (I think a bread pan should work just fine, just won’t be as pretty).
Warm butter and coconut oil until it’s a little past softened (a bit melty).
Blend butter and coconut oil together and add remaining liquid ingredients and blend. Whisk in dry ingredients.
Pour batter into pan and bake for about 30 minutes. After 30 minutes place a piece of foil loosely on top – at this point it should be browned on the edges.
Bake the cake for another 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and it doesn’t wiggle.
Allow cake to cool in pan and then invert and sprinkle with powdered sugar. If you get excited and try to invert it too soon, the cake will break. No one will blame you.
Recipe submitted by Ann, Omaha, NE