- 1/4 head green cabbage
- 1/4 head purple cabbage
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup mango, pureed
- 1/4 teaspoon raw honey
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper (or habanero pepper), split lengthwise
- Squeeze of lime juice
- Dried, unsweetened coconut, optional
In a large bowl chop cabbage to desired size and add carrot.
Whisk vinegar, mustard powder, oil, mango and honey until creamy. Stir in scotch bonnet pepper.
Place dressing in fridge and let pepper soak for 15-20 minutes. Remove pepper or for spicier slaw puree mixture with pepper in (optional). Stir into cabbage. Top with coconut if desired.
Recipe submitted by Elizabeth, West Jordan, UT