|Gluten Free High-Protein Coconut Flour Breadmaker Bread Recipe|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup oats (optional)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- 1/3 cup liquified/melted coconut oil (or olive oil or sesame oil)
- 1/3 cup honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 1/2 cups coconut flour
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour* or bread flour (if gluten free is not required)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons granulated yeast (or 1 pkt. rapid-rise yeast)
Add all ingredients to breadmaker canister, exactly as listed (in order) from top to bottom, but after adding flours make a small well in which to measure in the yeast.
Snap the canister back into the breadmaker, and turn it onto the “light” quick-bread settings (3-hour cycle). After mixing has been ongoing for about 2 or 3 minutes, using a spatula, push the accumulated flour in the corners toward the paddle center.
Then allow the breadmaker to go through all kneading and rising cycles to the end. Unplug and using pot-holders pull out cannister to cool bread slightly before removing (and the loaf will pop out with a few taps).
Depending on your model of breadmaker, slight adjustments to liquid might need to be made.
*You can make your own gluten free flour mix from one of our recipes here.
Recipe submitted by Cheri, Coronado, CA