- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour, fresh ground if possible
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup whole organic sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ cup pecans – optional
- ¾ cup dried shredded coconut – optional
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cups honey
- 1 ½ cups warm liquid coconut oil
- 1 ¼ teaspoons vanilla
- 1 8 ounce can crushed pineapple, un-drained
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine all dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Add all remaining ingredients and stir until well combined. Pour into un-greased 9×13 inch baking pan and bake for 50 minutes or until tester inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool.
Cream Cheese Icing
- 8 ounces organic cream cheese
- 4 ounces soft organic butter
- ½ cup brown rice syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Coconut flour
Cream everything together until well blended and thicken with a few tablespoons of coconut flour.
Coconut Cream Icing
Beat all ingredients together and drizzle over cake. Icing will separate if left to sit for long, but can just be re-stirred.
Golden Raisin Icing
- 1 cup chopped golden raisins
- ½ cup chopped dates, soaked with raisins for 1 hour in orange juice, drained
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup honey
Beat all ingredients together and spread over warm cake and serve. REALLY GOOD!
Recipe submitted by Amy, Warrior, AL