- 1/3 cup Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil
- ½ cup organic whole sugar
- 1 egg
- 1¼ cups flour or 1 cup regular flour and ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter – melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup organic sugar
- shredded coconut (optional)
In a large mixing bowl cream the oil, sugar and egg. In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture in increments alternating with the milk.
Fill 8-10 greased muffin cups to about 2/3 full. Bake at 325 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or just until golden. Let cool for 3 minutes.
While cooling, mix cinnamon organic sugar and melt the butter. Roll the tops of the muffins in butter and then in cinnamon sugar mixture and sprinkle the shredded coconut on top, if desired. Enjoy!
Recipe submitted by: Shelly, Upland, IN
Published on February 23, 2008