|Wheat Free Coconut Pancakes|
|Photo by recipe author|
Servings: Yields 5 palm-sized pancakes or 10 silver dollar-sized pancakes
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 banana
- 1 small apple (or 1/4 c applesauce)
- 1 tablespoons flax seeds
- 1/4 cup nut milk (I used vanilla almond milk)
- 2 tablespoons Tropical Traditions coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons Tropical Traditions coconut flour (or the flour of your liking; wheat, almond, rice, etc.)
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- Pinch cinnamon (and/or nutmeg)
- Dash vanilla extract
Optional Add-In’s :
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup more water or nut milk only if the batter looks too dry/thick.
Blend first 4 ingredients in a blender. Let this sit for 10 minutes or so while you’re getting the rest of the ingredients together. It will give the flax seeds time to gel, thereby producing an egg-like effect. The apple and banana help with this, too.
Add remaining ingredients and optional add-ins if desired and mix well.
After you have blended the ingredients, fry up the pancakes using 2 tablespoons coconut oil to fry with, about 4 minutes on the first side. Flip over and add 2 more tablespoons coconut oil and fry for 3 minutes or until done.
Recipe submitted by Averie, Phoenix, AZ