example photo shown
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons Grade B Maple Syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk*
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup packed ‘coconut meal’ (coconut flakes blended in food processor until fine)
- 1/4 cup packed coconut flour
- 1/2 cup packed almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
Blend together eggs, oil, coconut milk, maple syrup, salt, and extracts.
Combine flours and baking soda to coat the fruit well. Mix into batter until there are no lumps. Pour batter into sprayed muffin cups.
Bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes for mini muffins and 20 minutes for regular-sized muffins, or just until tests clean with toothpick.
For Blackberry Muffins add desired amount of fresh blackberries to batter. Baking time will increase slightly.
For ‘Berry Streusel Muffins’, mix and top with the following before baking:
Recipe submitted by Ingrid, Enumclaw, WA