- 1 cup fresh sweet corn (corn cut from 2 ears of corn)
- ¼ cup chives, garlic chives, or small green onions, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup corn masa flour (or fine cornmeal)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, coconut oil, or butter
In a blender or food processor whirl ¾ of the corn and chives until lightly pureed. Empty into a bowl and add eggs and 2 tablespoons coconut oil. Mix well. Add coconut flour, cornmeal, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly but gently.
Heat additional oil or butter on cast iron griddle over medium-low heat. Place large spoonfuls of batter into skillet. Flatten gently and cook until golden brown. Flip and cook other side.
Serve with butter, hot sauce, sour cream or desired condiments. Yum!!
Recipe submitted by Jessica, Greenville, TX