- ½ cup spinach
- 1 cup winter squash
- 1 carrot
- 1 tomato
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder OR 1 inch turmeric root
- ¼ teaspoon curry powder
- 1-2 inches of ginger root
- one stalk lemongrass
- a couple kaffir lime leaves (if available)
- water- how much you need depends on your taste
- 1 cup coconut cream concentrate or 1 to 1 1/2 cans coconut milk
- several ounces of your favorite fish
Chop spinach, winter squash, carrot, tomato, ginger root, and lemon grass to desired bite sized pieces and set aside. You can get creative and add other veggies, this is just a basic recipe. Set aside spinach and tomato in a separate bowl.
Place turmeric powder, curry, ginger, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, fish and all the chopped vegetables except the spinach and tomato in a medium saucepan and add enough water to cover everything. Cook until about halfway to soft – adjust heat to desired temperature.
Remove some water if needed, and add coconut milk or coconut cream concentrate, mix in well, and allow pot to simmer on low for as long as desired to let veggies finish cooking and aromas to permeate the coconut milk. Add spinach and tomato at the end so they are only lightly cooked or raw.
Serves one to two people.
Recipe submitted by: Anna-Liese, Pahoa, HI