- 1 cup ground organic almonds
- 1/4 cup organic coconut flour
- 1/4 cup organic dried coconut shreds
- 3/4 cup coconut mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup prepared horseradish, drained
- coconut oil
- 1 lb. Tilapia fillets (usually about 4 to 6 fillets), or other mild fish of your choice
- 1/3 cup sliced organic almonds
- 1/3 cup organic coconut flakes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix ground almonds, coconut flour, and coconut shreds together. Add mayonnaise and horseradish. Mix well. Mixture will be thick. (If too dry add more mayonnaise or horseradish. If too wet add more ground almonds or coconut shreds.)
Line a roasting pan or cookie sheet with foil and lightly oil the foil with the coconut oil.
Lightly salt both sides of each fillet. Arrange the fish so the fillets are about an inch apart.
Spread the mayonnaise mixture thickly over the fish fillets covering them completely and sealing edges to the foil.
Mix together the sliced almonds and coconut flakes and sprinkle generously over the top of each fillet.
Bake 20 to 30 minutes in preheated oven or until fish is firm and fillets are nicely browned. Serve and enjoy!
Makes a tasty and very impressive looking “company” dish. (Also good cold or reheated the next day.)
Recipe submitted by Carol, Palm Bay, FL