|Almond Coconut Bars Recipe|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 10 minutes + chill time
- 2 cups whole raw almonds
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2/3 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons molasses or honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 oz 70-85% dark chocolate
1. Melt coconut oil in a small saucepan on the stove on low heat.
2. Line a 9×9″ baking pan with wax paper.
3. Pulse almonds in food processor until it resembles coarse sand (the goal is something a little coarser than almond meal).
4. Add the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT the chocolate to the food processor and pulse until it forms a textured paste (the bits of almond and coconut shouldn’t be too small). I also finish with a good stir by hand to make sure all the ingredients are incorporated evenly.
5. Pour into baking pan and smooth out to the corners. Refrigerate until set, at least 1 hour.
6. Melt chocolate in a double boiler. Drizzle over almond coconut base and spread with a spoon or rubber spatula until evenly coated. Place bars back in refrigerator for approximately 5 minutes, until chocolate is solid but still a little soft (for ease of cutting). Cut into bars and store in a plastic container in the fridge.
Recipe submitted by Sarah, Marietta, GA