|Black Bean Brownies|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups organic black beans (1x 15 ounces can drained beans)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup whole grain rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup organic raw honey
- 1/4 cup Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or chocolate pieces broken from bar, mixed-in
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips or chocolate pieces broken from bar, pressed into top before baking
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Mix beans, cocoa powder, oats, salt, honey, coconut oil, vanilla, and baking powder in food processor. Blend until very smooth.
Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
Pour into oiled 8×8 pan.
Sprinkle 1/4 cup chocolate chips on top of brownies and press in slightly.
Bake for 18-20 minutes. Serve warm or chilled with a glass of fresh farm milk or homemade nut milk.
Our new rolled oats are grown on a small family farm in Wisconsin using sustainable methods without any pesticides, herbicides or chemical fertilizers. As an added assurance they are also tested for the presence of glyphosate and no trace was found. We have tested many batches of oats nationwide, including those certified organic, and it has been extremely difficult to find sources with no trace of the herbicide glyphosate present.
These oats are processed by a small family-run mill, also in Wisconsin, and are never subjected to any heat processing and are truly raw. This mill is dedicated to milling only grains grown on nearby farms that are free from pesticides and herbicides.
The oats are processed in small batches in order to keep them raw and as fresh as possible, making them an artisan, handcrafted product. As such you may find they contain more oat hulls in the package than you would normally find in oats that are processed by huge machines in factories.
A simple way to remove any remaining hulls is to soak the oats before consuming them. Soak your desired serving of oats in water and the hulls will begin to float to the top and can be skimmed off, then stir the oats and skim again, repeat this until no more hulls float.
Truly raw rolled oats
- Grown sustainably on a small farm
- Glyphosate-tested and no trace found
- Processed in a family mill in small batches
Given that these are truly raw oats we recommend storing them in your freezer until ready to use for optimal results.
Lynelle from Columbia, KY won $50 for this recipe and photo! Submit your recipes and photos here!