|Coconut Chai Holiday Pound Cake|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk*
- 4 chai teabags
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 4 eggs
1. In small saucepan, bring coconut milk to a simmer. Add chai teabags and simmer 5 minutes. Turn off heat and allow to cool to room temperature. Squeeze teabags and remove.
2. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a 9x 5 inch loaf pan. Sift together flour, salt, cinnamon, allspice, ground ginger and baking soda.
3. In large bowl with electric mixer, cream together coconut oil and sugar until smooth, about 4 minutes. Add eggs one at a time. Slowly pour in coconut/ chai mixture and mix until smooth. Slowly add dry ingredients and lightly mix, just until batter is smooth.
4. Pour into prepared pan and bake for one hour. Remove from oven and cool in pan 10 minutes, before carefully removing cake from pan and allowing to cool completely.
Note: Cake freezes well, up to a month if well wrapped. Allow to thaw overnight on counter.
Recipe submitted by Tammy, Union City, TN