|Coconut + Chocolate Energy Bars|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups chocolate crisped rice cereal
- 2 cups Tropical Traditions Shredded Coconut
- 1 1/4 cups organic rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cups pecan meal
- 1/3 cup organic chocolate chips, chopped
- 1/2 cup organic chia seeds
- 1 cup Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 cup nut-butter of choice
- 1 cup raw honey (sorghum or brown rice syrup will also work)
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan Pink Salt
Mix crisped rice, 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut, rolled oats, pecan meal, chocolate chips, and chia seeds in a large bowl.
In a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk together coconut oil, nut butter, honey, and salt until warmed and combined.
Add coconut oil mixture to bowl of dry ingredients and mix until well coated.
Press into a greased 9 x 13 pan and sprinkle with 1/2 cup shredded coconut.
Place pan in refrigerator until well-chilled (up to 2 hours).
Melt 2 tablespoons coconut oil and 5 ounces dark chocolate in a small sauce pan on low heat.
Drizzle chocolate over chilled bars and place pan back in fridge for 5 minutes, then remove and slice into bars.
Store in a cool place in an airtight container.
Marijah from Columbia, KY won $50 for this recipe and photo! Submit your coconut recipes and photos here!