|Coconut Citrus Fudge|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 15 minutes (plus chilling time)
- 1 cup coconut cream concentrate
- 2-3 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon orange, lemon, grapefruit or other citrus zest
- 1 teaspoon orange, lemon, grapefruit or other citrus extract (if using oil, use a few drops)
1. In a food processor, pulse coconut cream concentrate and honey until combined. Then, with the processor running, add the coconut oil in a steady stream. Add zest and extract or oil, and mix until combined.
2. On a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or wax paper, spoon mixture and form into a rectangle. Press with your hands to make the thickness even, about 1/4 inch thick. Chill for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
3. Remove from the fridge, and lift parchment or wax paper off the cookie sheet and transfer to a cutting board. Cut into little squares or whatever bites you like.
4. You can store these in the fridge, or even on the counter in an airtight container. The coconut cream concentrate keeps its shape well, even at room temperature.
Recipe submitted by K, Tempe, AZ