|Coconut Cranberry Granola Recipe|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Serving size: 1/2 cup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup organic whole cane sugar
- 1/2 cup purified water
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup coconut chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees ºF.
2. Melt and mix coconut oil, butter, honey, sugar, water, and cinnamon in glass measuring cup.
3. Spread old fashioned oats in a 9×13 inch baking pan. Pour in the liquid mixture of the coconut oil & other melted ingredients, and stir until all the oats are saturated.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, uncovered. Remove from oven and flip over sections of the oats with spatula until all are overturned. Bake for another 15 minutes uncovered. Remove again, stir, and add a final 10 minutes in the oven uncovered until all are evenly lightly browned. (Total baking time is 45 minutes.)
5. Once cooled, add and mix in dried cranberries and coconut chips.
Serve plain, or with milk, (or coconut milk*), or serve as a topping to yogurt, ice cream, etc.
Recipe submitted by Zsofie , Southfield, MI