|Coconut Flour Carrot Oatmeal Muffins|
|photo by recipe author|
Servings: 15 muffins
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1/4 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1/3 cup whole sugar (other sweetener could be substituted)
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon all-spice
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup finely shredded carrot (approx 2 medium carrots)
- 1/4 cup finely shredded apple (approx 1 medium apple)
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Put raisins in small bowl and cover with hot water to plump up; set aside.
Combine oats, flax, coconut flour, sugar, baking soda, and spices. In separate bowl, mix together eggs, oil, water, and milk then add to dry mixture. Fold in carrot, apple, raisins (squeezing out excess liquid beforehand) and nuts.
Spoon into lined or greased muffin tin.
Bake for 15 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Recipe submitted by Jennifer, Canada