|Coconut-Lime Breakfast Oatmeal|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons coconut cream concentrate
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- a dash of salt (1/16 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon lime or lemon juice, optional
- 2 tablespoons dried coconut*
- 2 drops lime essential oil, or 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts, optional
Combine water, coconut cream concentrate, rolled oats, and the dash of salt. Bring to a boil; simmer and stir for two minutes. Remove from heat, then stir in juice, coconut, and essential oil or zest. Top with macadamia nuts. Drizzle with a little honey if you like, but I don’t find it necessary.
This recipe can be doubled (or more).
*If you use macaroon (fine flake) coconut, it will disappear into the oatmeal, leaving only flavor. Using sweetened shredded coconut will both sweeten it and add a little texture. My favorite is the shaved dried coconut; it adds both flavor and crunch.
Recipe submitted by Rhonda, South Jordan, UT