|Coconut Sweet Potato Kale Soup|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 30-45 minutes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil
- 2 1/2 quarts water
- 1 cup Tropical Traditions Coconut Cream Concentrate
- sea salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cubed in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large bunch kale, deveined and chopped
In a large saucepan sauté onion in coconut oil.
Add water, coconut cream concentrate, salt, pepper, garlic, cayenne, and sweet potato to saucepan and cook over medium-high heat until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
Then add chopped kale and cook until kale is softened, about 5 minutes.
Serve and enjoy.
Marijah from Columbia, KY won $50 for this recipe and photo! Submit your coconut recipes and photos here!