|Cream of Zucchini Soup with Cumin|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 50 minutes
- 1/8 cup coconut oil
- 1 bunch green onions including green tops, sliced
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 3/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini, diced
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- pink salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup fresh parsley, minced
Heat coconut oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add the green and red onions, garlic, and pink salt. Saute, stirring occasionally, about 7 minutes, or until onions are soft and translucent.
Add the cumin, and stir constantly for 30 seconds. Add the broth, zucchini, and sweet potato. Add pink salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
Add the parsley during the last five minutes.
Puree soup using an immersion blender or in batches in a blender. If a blender is used, return soup to the pot and reheat gently.
Ladle into bowls and garnish each serving with shredded cheese.
Stephanie from Sierra Madre, CA won $50 for this recipe and photo! Submit your recipes here!