|Creamy curried coconut potatoes|
|Prepared by Sarah Shilhavy, Photo by Jeremiah Shilhavy|
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons palm shortening
- 4 large potatoes, in quarters or eighths
- 1 small onion, sliced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- dash red pepper flakes or 1/4 diced habanero chili pepper
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 1/4 cups coconut milk*
Heat oils in a large skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes and cook until slightly browned. Add sliced onions and cook for about 3 minutes, turning constantly.
Whisk the seasoning and coconut milk together. Pour over potatoes and bring to a simmer.
Lower heat to medium-low or low and let simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15-25 minutes. Stir occasionally as needed.
Serve as a side dish for meat or fish dishes and garnish with parsley if desired.
Recipe submitted by Gloria, Fort Worth, TX