|Curried Beef & Veggie Pasta|
|Photo by recipe author|
Nourishing, DELICIOUS and hearty without being heavy, this easy to make dish is a favorite around our house! Feel free to add whatever veggies you may happen to have on hand, the more the merrier!
Preparation Time: 30 min
- 1/2 large onion, thinly sliced and cut into 1/2″ strips or diced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- virgin coconut oil
- sea salt & freshly cracked pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 8 oz baby bella or any desired kind of mushroom, sliced
- 1/2 lb ground grass-fed beef or bison
- 1/2 tablespoon turmeric
- 1/2 tablespoon yellow curry powder
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 4 servings rice pasta, any style, prepared to package directions
Preheat cast iron skillet to med-high heat. Sauté onions and green peppers with 1 tablespoon coconut oil and a dash of salt (to bring out the onion’s sugar and make them sweeter) until onions begin to be see-through. Add garlic to toast, add wine and allow to absorb into veggies. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper and more coconut oil as needed.
When mushrooms are mostly cooked through, turn down to med or med-low heat and add beef or bison, salt, pepper, spices and coconut oil as needed. Sauté until meat is cooked through, add tomato sauce and simmer to allow flavors to combine.
Serve over rice pasta sprinkle with organic shredded Italian cheese.
Recipe submitted by Lydia, Salem, VA