|Dairy Free Blueberry Cheesecake|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Bottom Crust Layer:
- 2 cups walnuts (or pecans)
- 1/2 cup medjool dates (or raisins)
- Pinch of sea
- optional: 1/2 t
- 1 1/2 cups raw macadamia nuts or cashews (soak for 2 to 4 hours for easier blending)
- 3/4 cup
coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup
maple syrup or
- 1 teaspoon
- 1-4 tablespoons water, as needed, less water will be needed if nuts were soaked first.
- 3 cups blueberries, cherries or raspberries (or your favorite fruit/berry)
- 3 tablespoons blueberry jelly (no refined sugar added) – or use a little
Line an 8″ pie dish or spring form cake pan with parchment paper. Or you can line a muffin pan to make 12 mini cheesecakes which are cupcake sized.
Pulse walnuts, dates and salt together in a food processor until mixture is crumbly, but be careful not to over process into nut butter. Press crust mixture into bottom of lined pie pan.
Puree cheesecake layer ingredients together in a food processor or high speed blender. Spoon over the bottom crust layer.
Stir blueberries in the jelly to create a nice shiny glaze. Gently top cheesecake with fruit topping.
Set in fridge, or the freezer to set for couple hours, this cheesecake stores very well in the freezer, just let it thaw for a few minutes or so before serving.
Andrea from Willamina, OR just won $50 for this recipe and photo!
Submit yours here.