Preparation Time: 45 minutes
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil, ghee or butter
- 1/2 cup almond butter (or another natural nut butter)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup almond flour or cashew meal
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup ground pecans
- 1 teaspoon real sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (aluminum free)
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- pecan halves (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 ÂºF.
2. Combine coconut oil, almond butter, honey, vanilla, and egg in a medium bowl. Mix well. By hand works fine.
3. In a separate small bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, ground pecans, salt, and baking powder. Add to wet ingredients and stir to combine. Add chocolate chips and stir again. Allow the batter to sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
4. Scoop dough and place on greased cookie sheet, parchment paper, or use a silpat. Flatten the cookies with the back of a buttered spatula. If you have any pecan halves, press one on the top of each cookie. Oooh, la, la!
5. Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until browned around the edges.
6. Let cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
Makes approximately 2 dozen cookies. Store in fridge or freezer.
Jenny from Hendersonville, TN just won $50 for this recipe and photo! Submit yours here.