Preparation Time: 1 hour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup almond flour or cashew meal
- 2 tablespoons allspice or a mix of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 large organic carrots, finely shredded or chopped
- 1/2 cup raw honey or real Grade B maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon organic molasses
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup melted butter/ghee or coconut oil
- 6 eggs
- Optional: 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or raisins, or both
- 1 cup palm shortening or grass-fed butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- juice of 1/2 a lemon,
Preheat oven to 350 ÂºF.
In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients. Add in wet ingredients and blend again with your mixer. Mix in optional nuts and raisins.
Grease a 9X13 glass cake pan with coconut oil or 2 round cake pans. Pour batter into pan(s).
Bake times: Large pan: 35-45 minutes. Round pans: 35 minutes. Cake is done when tester inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
Top with Tangy Vanilla Frosting. Store in fridge (no preservatives here!)
Blend the ingredients until light and fluffy. It will take several minutes on high speed with an electric mixer.
Jenny from Hendersonville, TN just won $50 for this recipe and photo! Submit yours here.