|Gluten Free Chewy Chocolate Mint Cream Cookies|
|photo by recipe author|
Servings: 2 dozen cookies
Preparation Time: 35 minutes
- 1/4 cup organic quinoa flour
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup Tropical Traditions Coconut Flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 cup organic whole sugar
- 1/2 cup organic cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 cup organic dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil
- 2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
- 7 drops peppermint oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Tropical Traditions Coconut Cream Concentrate, warmed
- 2 teaspoons Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons organic powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 5 drops peppermint oil
Preheat oven to 325° F
In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients except chocolate chips.
In a double boiler over medium heat, combine chocolate chips, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Stir constantly until melted. Remove from heat and add peppermint oil.
Whisk eggs into wet ingredients then combine with dry ingredients and mix well.
Drop by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake until edges begin to crisp, about 12- 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool while you prepare the icing.
Add all icing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until combined. Spread icing over cooled cookies.
Marijah from Columbia, KY won $50 for this recipe and photo! Submit your coconut recipes and photos here!