|Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Banana Cake Recipe|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 3 medium ripe bananas, fork mashed
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups gluten free flour blend*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 heaping teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven 325 degrees F. Lightly grease an 8×11 baking dish.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine masked banana, maple syrup, oil, milk, eggs, and vanilla with a whisk.
In a second bowl combine, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, xanthan gum, and salt. Pour the dry ingredients onto the wet ingredients and whisk until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
Pour batter into the oiled pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes until cake passes the toothpick test. Let cool completely in pan on wire rack before slicing. Eat after slicing, refrigerate, or freeze.
*You can make your own gluten free flour mix, here’s one recipe:
Gluten Free Flour Mix:
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour/starch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
Mix all ingredients together until well blended. Use as directed.
Recipe submitted by Rosella, Chesterland