|Gluten Free Coconut Flour Brownies|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 5-10 minutes
- 1/4 cup applesauce, room temperature
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup coconut flour, packed
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (walnuts, almonds, peanuts)
Preheat oven to 300° F and grease an 8×8 inch baking dish.
Whisk together liquid ingredients and cocoa powder. Add in coconut flour, flax meal, and baking soda. Whisk until well combined. Stir in half the chocolate chips and pour batter into prepared pan.
Sprinkle top with remaining chocolate chips and chopped nuts.
Bake for 35 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
Raia Todd from Ladson, SC won $50 for this recipe and photo! Submit your recipes here!