|Gluten Free Cream Cheese Coffee Cake|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 6 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon coconut flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease one 8-inch round cake pan.
2. Beat together all ingredients for cream cheese filling. Set aside.
3. Combine the first five ingredients for cake then add the dry ingredients through the salt. Mix well.
4. Toss pecans, cinnamon and maple syrup together in a separate bowl.
5. Pour cake batter into pan and drop bits of the pecan mixture throughout batter.
6. Top with cream cheese filling and use a knife or tooth pick to swirl it around.
7. Bake for 25 minutes and let cool before slicing.
Recipe submitted by Carrol, Huntington Beach, CA