|Gluten Free Gingerbread|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 1 hour
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup organic molasses
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup almond flour*
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger root or organic ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons butter, for optional crumble topping
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, for optional crumble topping
- 1/2 cup almond flour, for optional crumble topping
Preheat oven to 300 ° F
Grease a 7×11 or 8×8 inch baking pan with coconut oil.
In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
Pour gingerbread batter into greased pan. Top with optional crumble topping.
Combine softened butter, cinnamon and almond flour together and sprinkle on top of bread batter in pan before baking.
Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Best enjoyed warm.
*You can grind your own almond flour by placing whole almonds in a blender/food processor and blending until you get a fine meal.
Jenny from Hendersonville, TN won $50 for this recipe and photo! Submit your coconut recipes and photos here!