|Gluten Free Molten Lava Chocolate Cake|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 4 oz semisweet or bittersweet chocolate
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil (plus a little more for greasing the ramekins)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon coconut flour
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Grease four 6oz ramekins with coconut oil. If you wish to serve these cakes on a plate, you will need to flour as well (use coconut flour, blanched almond flour, or cocoa powder).
2. Melt chocolate and coconut oil over low heat or a double boiler. Stir until smooth and let cool.
3. In a small bowl, beat eggs, vanilla, salt and sugar with a hand mixer until light and frothy, about five minutes (this can seem like an eternity with a hand mixer, but hang in there because it’s worth it!).
4. Pour egg mixture over chocolate. Sift cocoa and coconut flour over the top. Then gently fold all the ingredients together.
5. Pour batter into prepared ramekins (they should be filled to within 1/2″ of the top). Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and place in the oven (you can chill the ramekins for a few hours if you want to make them ahead of time, just make sure you bring them back to room temperature before baking). Bake for 11-12 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Recipe submitted by Sarah, Marietta, GA