|Gluten Free Salmon Cakes Recipe|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 12 minutes
- 2 tablespoons onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons celery, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, finely minced
- 1/4 cup avocado, mashed
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning (or other preferred seasoning)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 6 oz cooked salmon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2-3 tablespoons full-fat coconut milk*
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
Finely chop the onion, celery, parsley, and garlic. Place the chopped veggies, avocado, seasoning, salmon, and coconut flour to a bowl. Mix well then add 2 tablespoons coconut milk and mix again. Add additional coconut milk, up to a tablespoon, if needed to hold the mixture together. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
Form patties and arrange on a plate or other dish. Make 14-16 mini cakes or 5-7 medium sized cakes. Cover place and place in the refrigerator for approximately an hour.
To cook, heat coconut oil in skillet over med heat. When the oil is hot, add cakes, cooking in batches if necessary to avoid overcrowding. Fry 4-5 minutes per side, flipping only once (make sure first side is crispy and golden brown before flipping).
Recipe submitted by Annie, Atlanta, GA