Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1 ounce package freeze dried strawberries
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk*
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- coconut oil or butter, for frying
- (optional) 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat griddle over medium-low heat.
2. While the bag of strawberries is unopened, crush them into a powder.
3. In a small bowl beat eggs until frothy. Mix in milk and vanilla.
4. In a medium-sized bowl combine coconut flour, strawberries, baking soda, and sea salt and whisk together. Stir wet mixture into dry until coconut flour is incorporated and clumps are gone. Allow 2 min for batter to thicken.
5. Grease griddle with butter or coconut oil. Ladle 2-3 tablespoons of batter onto griddle for each pancake. Spread out slightly with the back of a spoon. The pancakes should be 2-3 inches in diameter and fairly thick.
6. Cook for a few minutes, until the tops dry out slightly and the bottoms start to brown. Flip and cook an additional 2-3 minutes. Makes approximately 20 small pancakes.
7. Serve with butter, honey, syrup, or fruit.
Jenny from Hendersonville, TN just won $50 for this recipe and photo! Submit yours here.