Servings: 12 muffins
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice/nutmeg
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 6 eggs (or 4 whole eggs and 2 whites…a good way to use up your egg whites)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3/8 cup maple syrup (about 3 1/2 oz)
- pinch salt
- 1/4 cup chopped walnut pieces
Preheat oven to 400F. Grease a muffin pan or line with paper liners.
Sift together coconut flour and spices together.
Whisk remaining ingredients together (except walnuts) in a separate bowl until well mixed.
With a wooden spoon or whisk stir the flour mixture gradually into the pumpkin mixture so that no lumps remain.
Divide batter between 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle with walnuts.
Bake for 12 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Do not over bake as the flour can burn easily. Frost with icing once cool (optional).
Cream Cheese Icing
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Combine all ingredients together into a small bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until well mixed and light and fluffy.
Recipe submitted by Shirley, Germantown, MD