|Lemon Potato Salad|
|photo by recipe author|
Servings: Approximately 8
Preparation Time: 30-35 minutes
- 3 pounds organic red potatoes
- home made coconut oil mayonnaise*
- 5 tablespoons freshly squeezed organic lemon juice, approximately 3-5 lemons
- 1 tablespoon organic raw apple cider vinegar
- 20 leaves fresh organic basil, minced
- 1/4 organic onion, chopped
- 3 organic celery stalks, sliced
- 1/4 jalapeño, de-seeded and very finely diced
- sea salt, to taste
- organic ground black pepper, to taste
Scrub potatoes and then bring to a rolling boil in a large pot, reduce heat to low and cook for 15-20 more minutes (until a fork pokes through). Remove from heat, drain and allow to cool completely.
Meanwhile, prepare the coconut oil mayonnaise according to recipe *here.
In a large serving bowl, add lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, basil, onion, celery, jalapeño, sea salt and black pepper.
Cut potatoes into 1 1/2 inch pieces, add to bowl, along with prepared mayonnaise. Mix until well incorporated. Serve warm or cold, as a light and refreshing side dish to many meals.
Recipe and photo by Orissa. Submit your own coconut recipes and photos here!