- 1 cup assorted raw nuts (almonds, walnuts, cashews, pecans)
- ¼ cup almond meal
- ¼ cup dried unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- ½ cup dried cranberries or cherries
Chop raw nuts so they are in small chunky pieces. Place in a bowl and mix in shredded coconut.
Lightly heat almond butter and coconut oil until melted, then add honey, vanilla and salt. Mix well. Mix almond meal into liquid mixture and fold in the nuts and coconut. Add dried berries last and mix well.
Form mixture into little morsels and store on plate in refrigerator. Wrap in wax paper to carry with you (in case the oil melts a bit in a warm climate) for an afternoon energy boost!
Recipe submitted by Linda, Brooklyn, NY