- 1/4 cup almonds or walnuts
- 2 cups dried, unsweetened coconut
- 7 large Medjool dates, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup walnut or almond butter, or a combination of the two
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest of half an orange, or to taste
In a food processor grind almonds or walnuts to a medium grind and set aside.
Combine coconut and dates in a food processor. Add walnut or almond butter, coconut oil, vanilla extract and orange zest. Process until well mixed.
Form into 1-2 inch balls and roll in the ground nuts. Refrigerate.
Recipe submitted by Marjorie, Minot, ND