|Orange Dream Cake|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 45 minutes
- zest of 1 large organic orange
- juice of the same orange (approximately 1/4 cup)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream or yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil/butter/ghee
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 2 cups almond flour/cashew flour
- 1 cup pecan meal
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Preheat oven to 350 °F
Grate the zest of the orange first, then juice it. In a large bowl, mix wet ingredients (by hand works fine). In another bowl, combine dry ingredients. Pour the dry into the wet and stir again.
Spread the batter into a well-oiled 9X13 glass baking dish. Bake 25-30 minutes. Top with optional chocolate chips, allow to melt, and spread.
Cool before cutting. Store in fridge.
Jenny from Hendersonville, Tennessee won $50 for this recipe and photo! Submit yours here!