|Parsnip Latkes Recipe|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 2 large pasture eggs (or 3 small)
- 4 cups grated peeled parsnips
- 2 green onions, sliced (all of the whites and light green parts)
- 1 heaping tablespoon of the greens (scallions), sliced
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1-2 tablespoon expeller press coconut oil (no coconut taste), for the pan
Whisk the eggs in a large bowl.
Add the parsnips, onions, scallions, and seasonings to the bowl of eggs and mix well.
Place coconut oil in a skillet and heat over med-high
Place about 1/3 cup of mixture into pan (about 3 fill fit at a time) and pat down to form a pancake.
Cook until brown and flip to brown the other side. You want them to be crisp on the outside, but still soft on the inside.
Recipe submitted by Kate, Highlands Ranch, CO