|Post-Holiday Power Smoothie|
|photo by recipe author|
I think right about now we could all use something with a bit more nutritional value than a cookie…this yummy and nourishing powerhouse is perfect for breakfast or a pick me up that will have you back on track and going strong for hours.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups grass-fed milk, plain kefir or coconut milk*
- 1-2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil, melted
- 4 soy-free egg yolks (optional, but add lots of great nutrition and healthy fat for long lasting energy)
- 1/4 cup organic rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon green food powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- dash salt
- 1 banana, fresh or frozen
- 2 cup frozen strawberries or any frozen fruit of your choice
Blend all but the fruit until mixed, add fruit, blend until smooth and enjoy. To your health!
Recipe submitted by Lydia, Salem, VA