|Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins|
|Prepared by Sarah Shilhavy, Photo by Jeremiah Shilhavy|
Servings: 24 muffins
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 3/4 cup whole sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 2 cups pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups organic unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line muffin pans with paper liners.
Beat sugar, oil and eggs together. Whisk in milk and pumpkin.
In separate bowl mix together remaining ingredients. Add to pumpkin mixture and stir just until combined (batter should still be on the lumpy side).
Divide batter between the muffin cups and bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into middle of muffin comes out clean.
*You can use 100 % whole wheat flour if you want.
Recipe courtesy Sarah Shilhavy