|Red Coconut Curry Recipe|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons organic virgin coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cups coconut milk*
- 2 chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 jicama, chopped (optional)
- 1 stalk lemongrass, bruised and cut into 3″ length
- 3 – 5 Kafir lime leaves
- Basil for garnish
In large pan, sauté curry paste in coconut oil for 4 minutes over med high heat. Add garlic and onion, sauté for 5 more minutes. Add coconut milk, chicken, jicama, lemongrass and lime leaves.
Cover and reduce heat; stir occasionally simmering for 20 – 30 minutes. Serve over brown Jasmine rice.
Recipe submitted by Cheryl, OKC, OK