For 4-5 hamburgers:
- 1/3 cup finely minced onions
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil, or combine with butter
- 1 lb. ground beef (or ground bison)
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme
- 1 egg
- expeller-pressed coconut oil
- organic soy sauce
Cook the minced onions with the coconut oil and/or butter gently over low heat until tender; do not brown. Set aside to cool.
In a medium bowl mix beef, seasonings and egg together. Shape into patties.
Pan-broil (fry) with some expeller pressed coconut oil for 4-5 minutes per side, or until it has reached desired doneness.
Sprinkle some organic soy sauce over each burger and serve.
Note: You can shape any remaining hamburger mixture into patties and freeze in zip lock bags.
Recipe submitted by Simi, Los Angeles, CA