|Slow Cooker Merlot Spiced Apples|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 20-30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ cup Merlot or other red wine
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- ¼ cup whole sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 4 sweet apples: peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 orange: peeled, segmented
- ½ cup walnuts or pecans
In a crock pot, melt coconut oil. Add in wine, cinnamon, apple pie spice, sugar and flour. Stir until well combined. Add in apples, oranges and walnuts or pecans. Stir well, until fruit and nuts are coated.
Cook on high heat for about an hour, stirring 4-5 times. Let cool about 10 minutes to allow sauce to thicken. Serve as desired.
Courtney from Weir, KS won $50 for this recipe and photo! Submit your coconut recipes and photos here!