Servings: 12 bars
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
For the crust:
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cup organic whole sugar (to taste)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (softened)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the topping:
- 2 1/2 cups (6 oz) coconut flakes
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup (to taste)
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup coconut cream concentrate, softened or melted
Stir together the crust ingredients, incorporating everything well. It should stick together without being too oily or wet. Press firmly into an 8×8 baking dish.
Mix together the topping ingredients, using enough coconut cream to thoroughly moisten the coconut flakes and hold everything together. Spread evenly over the crust and then press down firmly into the crust.
Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or until the coconut oil is solidified and you can cut squares without everything crumbling.
Laura from Bend, OR just won $50 for this recipe and photo! Submit yours here.