|Super Moist Zucchini Coffee Cake|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups maple syrup
- 3 extra large eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 1/2 cups organic whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup organic raisins
- 4 cups peeled, cored and shredded zucchini
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9 x 14 pan, or cover bottom of pan with parchment paper.
2.In a large bowl, blend the syrup, eggs and oil.
3.Sift together flour, spices, salt, and baking soda, and add to egg mixture.
4. Stir in the nuts, raisins, and zucchini.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 40 minutes.
6. Serve warm or chilled.
Note: Try adding 1 cup of coconut for additional flavor and texture.
Recipe submitted by Carol, Owen Sound