- 2 cups whole grain oatmeal
- 2 cups buttermilk + 2 tablespoons
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons natural honey
- 1/2 cup coconut cream concentrate
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (I grind my own)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup chopped fine (or ground) walnuts
Soak oats in the buttermilk overnight in a large covered bowl.
Next morning stir in eggs, honey, coconut oil and coconut cream concentrate until well combined. Add dry ingredients. Stir until moistened.
Cook as you would regular pancakes, on low heat in skillet or grill as it has a tendency to burn if heat is too high.
Recipe submitted by Charlotte, Avinger, TX